- Sankranti - A Celebration of Diversity - Annual Event from 2015
- Partnership with Springvale Neighbourhood, NottingHill Neighbourhood Houses to support Indian, Multicultural Events across Melbourne
- Partnership with 'Australia Telangana Aussociation' in 'Bathukamma' Celebrations
- Participation in 'Denso Family Fun day' to showcase the 'Indian Culture' through Music and Dance performance.
- Participation in 'Austraian Telangana Formation Day' (ATAI) to showcase the talents of 'Telugu School' children
- Victorian Multicultural Art Competition
- Melbourne Language Picnic - Annual
- Telugu Poems Recital (Ugadi Celebrations)
- Empowerment Workshops
- Women Fashion Walk to showcase the tradional attire
- Bathukama Performance - Annual
- Womens Day - Annual
Sankranti – A Celebration of Diversity 2018
The Telugu Language and Culture Foundation of Australia (TLCFA) celebrated "Sankranti - A Celebration of Diversity — 2018" on 20 January at Mulgrave Community Centre, Mulgrave.
Sankranti celebration is TLCFA's Annual event to showcase Indian Culture and Traditions to the Multicultural Community. Our main aim in promoting ‘Sankranti Celebrations’ is to introduce our rich culture and heritage by showcasing unity in diversity, promote social cohesion, cross cultural promotion through cultural shows, culinary delights and other fun filled activities.
The event was staged showcasing the diversity of India, musical, dance performances by the local talent from all age groups.
The four hours event also featured Rangoli (Traditional Indian Art). The highlight of the celebrations was 'Rangoli Competition' where all ladies participated along with their children in teaching the centuries old traditional art.
Victorian Multicultural Commission (VMC) Art Competition
TLCFA participated in the Victorian Multicultural Commission's Primary School Art Competition 2015. The theme was 'Strengthening Our Community' and is designed to engage the younger members of Victoria’s community with our cultural, linguistic and religious diversity. TLCFA encouraged our students to engage with this year's theme to produce their own, unique artwork which represents the strength of Victoria's diverse, multicultural communities. One of our participant was the finalists and received a certificate along with their artwork being displayed in the Atrium at Federation Square during the Viva Victoria Multicultural Festival.
Melbourne Language Picnic
TLCFA proudly supports and participated in the Melbourne Language Picnic which is an initiative of Languages Action Alliance, an Australia-wide network of families, teachers, organisations and individuals who share a multilingual vision for this country. As an event which also celebrates cultural diversity, this picnic highlights one city’s multilingual profile in order to foster positive attitudes towards different languages and the cultures which attach to them. In this way, the event hopes to help build bridges towards cross-cultural understanding.